Having Laser Focus Drives Your Passion.

passion is driven by focusIt’s actually quite obvious that without focus, it doesn’t really matter what your passion, there is no substance to carry that passion forward. Focus drives passion in such a way that it helps you to define goals. Goals need laser focus and passion needs to create the goal, so each is intertwined to be sure. Knowing what your passions are should therefore help to create the focus you need to reach your goals and be happy in your life. And that happiness is because you’re doing what you are so passionate about.

Certainly lots to think about.

So…

“Follow your passion – It will lead you to your purpose.” Oprah Winfrey.

Focus And How It Drives Your Passion

Key question – what are you passionate about?

It’s no secret to many that know me that I love music. I wanted music to be my career, but it wasn’t ultimately because of some bad choices I made and the passion for the music meant that I left some important things to enable me to pass the exams to go to Music College. I lacked FOCUS on the most important things just because I was so driven by music that the rest just fell away in comparison.

It took me a long time to realise that passion on its own is not enough; you need FOCUS too. (My friend Deborah A. Ten Brink covers this very well in a recent post about business focus and your passion that you can read here.)

Because of all this, I ended up doing a job that I had no passion for, which meant that I had even LESS focus on being able to keep the business in that field running and achieving any potential that it certainly had to grow and prosper. Even though I spent several years performing music in a semi-professional role, my everyday business working the job I hated consumed me and this affected my music and therefore I stopped to concentrate on what I thought at the time to be “the right thing to do”, which was 100% on my “day job”.

Ultimately I lost the business, lost my way completely and had to reassess my whole outlook on life. I came across something I not only found interesting, but also a challenge. I love to be creative and this was a great way to get back into being creative. There were a lot of ups and downs and some more bad decisions, which I won’t go into or this post will turn into a book!

Eventually I got back into music. My passion was again fuelled beyond anything I can imagine and this has helped me in so many ways. I have focus on things that are important to me. I enjoy my work. I enjoy my leisure, which is singing in choirs and playing the piano (for which I get paid and really cool). My passion is back and my focus is more targeted than ever in my life.

Focus Drives Passion – Conclusion

focus drives your passionFrom my own experience I know that focus drives passion in more ways than passion driving focus. Of course, you need the passion to achieve anything you want in life, but focus is a much better driver. The passion I have for music brought it back to me after many years of neglect away from it. This in turn has helped me to focus on my business, which is one I now have a passion for.

Focus and passion are infectious, so be sure you are passionate about your leisure time AND your work. The passion will help you see the goals you want to achieve. The focus will help you achieve those goals. If you’re not sure what your real passion is, read about finding your passion on the PAC blog.

When you discover your passion, if you haven’t already that is, it’s a good idea to make some personal pledges to yourself to achieve the success you want. This will set you up in many ways to creating better focus to achieve and drive the passion in your business to greater heights.

If you would like to share your own passion and focus as well as get some much needed traffic and more interaction on your blog, you could consider joining me and other great people in the PAC Blog Carnival. PAC is a wonderful community of business owners who help and support each other to build their online business and develop and grow their blogs. Come and join us and share your thoughts.

We would love to know more about how your focus drives passion in everything you do too.

Barrie

Join in the Blog Carnival

Blog Carnival

The post Having Laser Focus Drives Your Passion. appeared first on Online Marketing And mindset.



from Online Marketing And mindset http://ift.tt/29itEPq via Become an online business entrepreneur

Comments

Post a Comment